20 November 2007

Another great day!

Today the cornice guy turned up and put the cornice around the kitchen cuboards and then the shower screen man turned up to measure and show us our choices.
We chose chrome as it won't seem as intrusive in such a small bathroom. It will also match in with everything else because all the metal and appliances are silver.

He also pointed out that if we chose the bigger of the two mirrors then we won't see the chipped tile.....yes there is a chipped tile
I'm a bit peeved that the tiler didn't tell us. You can't tell me he didn't notice it. I am the kind of person who would be disappointed but it's not the end of the world, but when it's hidden it annoys the hell out of me. This is where our builder really shines...I rang to speak to the building manager but he was out of the office so the owner asked if he could help. When I told him about the tile he was disappointed and asked "what can we do about this?" ( that dosn't read very well....he asked in a good way lol asking me what I wanted done ) I told him that the shower screen guy said the larger of the 2 mirrors would cover it. We are supposed to pay for our mirror as it isn't in the contract so you can just imagine how happy I was when owner said "Don't you worry about it I will pay (chuckle chuckle) as long as it is not ridiculous I will pay for you" What a guy!

It's so nice to get some good news like that after all the budget blowouts!

Hope you are all well
Take care

No comments: